Pool Supply Experts Score
- Powerful chlorine shock treatment that is great for regular maintenance.
- Quickly eliminates algae, bacteria, and other harmful contaminants from your pool water.
- Main active ingredient is 68% Calcium Hypochlorite (Cal-Hypo) for quick sanitizing.
- Dosage: 1 Pound per 10,000 gallons
- Cal-Chlor granules can be used in swimming pools, spas and hot tubs. Must pre-dissolve/dilute to prevent bleaching of the liner
Pros & Cons
What We Like...
- Easy To Use
What Needs Improvement...
- Packaging May Vary
Pool Shock is our most popular and versatile pool shock treatment, used to kill algae and bacteria and remove micro-contaminants that make pool water cloudy.
Use our Pool Shock to kill visible algae blooms and invisible bacteria, which could cause illness to swimmers. Your daily chlorination of the pool will kill most pathogenic bacteria, viruses and microbes, however to be sure that the water is sanitary, it is good practice to ‘shock the pool’, or super-chlorinate the pool every few weeks, to oxidize everything in the water, especially the invisible germs that may be harboring in the water.